It's Been Sitting Here Since October 2023.

Today, while searching for something completely unrelated, I stumbled upon this blog again.

The first post dates back to October 2023.

And for a moment, I just stared at it.

Not because of what was written, but because of what could have been.

I couldn't help but imagine how much growth I would have accumulated if I had taken it seriously from the start. How many ideas I would have documented. How much clearer my thinking would be. How many lessons I would have captured before they slipped away. How many opportunities consistency might have created.

Almost three years have passed.

That's enough time to build a habit.

Enough time to develop a voice.

Enough time to create something meaningful.

Instead, this blog remained mostly untouched.

Life happened. Priorities shifted. Motivation came and went. And somehow, "I'll start tomorrow" became months, then years.

But here's the interesting thing about finding an abandoned project:

It reminds you that the opportunity isn't gone.

The time has passed, yes.

But the chance to begin again hasn't.

It's easy to spend energy regretting what didn't happen. To calculate the followers you could have gained, the audience you could have built, or the skills you could have developed.

But regret doesn't create momentum.

Action does.

The truth is, three years from now, I'll either be looking back at another abandoned blog or at hundreds of published thoughts, lessons, experiences, and stories.

The difference will be consistency.

Not perfection.

Not inspiration.

Not waiting for the perfect topic.

Just showing up.

Writing.

Publishing.

Repeating.

So this is me making a simple commitment:

I am starting now.

Not next week.

Not next month.

Now.

Because the best time to start was October 2023.

The second-best time is today.

And maybe one day, years from now, I'll look back at this post and be grateful that I chose to begin again instead of dwelling on the time I lost.

Here's to consistency.

Here's to growth.

Here's to starting before we're ready.

Again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boost Your Daily Productivity: 10 Practical Tips for Success

Africa Technology Expo 2026: Where Africa's Next Wave of Innovation Takes Center Stage

Reflections, Lessons, and Insights.